Why the limit on warranty to subsequent purchasor?

I have been looking into picking up a used high end CD player but I am finding that warranties are not transferrable from the original owner? I don't understand this. Maybe on a $500 unit, but a $5000 unit with no transferrable warranty, it makes me want to run from that manufacturer.
sm121055
A warranty to an original purchaser is a cost of marketing a new unit. A manufacturer usually doesnt need to offer a warranty to the original buyer's buyer to get the original buyer to buy the unit in the first place. Some, like Bryston, use the long warranty as a marketing ploy to impart the idea of robust quality, but in reality, amps that survive their first few months last a long time.
Post removed 
I agree. I recently purchased an Audio Aero Capitole CD player and I am not happy that the warrenty is not transferrable. I did establish a rapport with the original purchaser(The Gentleman that I bought it from) and I believe that I can loop the thing back through him if I require warrenty work. I have nothing in writing here, just a very good feeling about him. Still, I would hate to have to try it. I purchased a very high-end McIntosh Amp that was only six months old at the same time and I am ecstatic that the warrenty is fully transferable.