What is everyone using for dedicated AC lines???

I need to buy some dedicated AC cable.

What is everyone using? Romex?

I want the best performance, I will tear out the cable when I leave the house. If its not up to code, oh well, I'd rather have better performance anyways.

I thought about 10/3 Romex for the amp and 12/3 for the CD/Preamp.

What do you think?

Please, no arguements over this I need to buy cable ASAP!
asi_tek
Hi, Albert. It is obvious to me that I actually posted first. :)

I'm looking at the Parts Express catalog #21 on pages 55 and 141 where they have a heavy duty 10/3 power cable that is 99.9% OFC. However, it is stranded and I thought it was solid core.

Their price for this is $33.15 for 50 feet. But there should be a few other places to check for quality solid core 10ga. but not many.

I bought my solid core 10/3 99.95% OFC house wire from a friend who had quite a bit of custom made for his new listening room which has perhaps 20 or so dedicated lines throughout the room.

Hope this helps,

-IMO
This is the same cable that SignalCable uses for their MagicPower cable. I had it and was not impressed as much as I am with the ChrisVH series cables. IMO. I would just use romex, but can anyone chime in who has used this carol cable vs. romex???

Thanks!
1. Why the -3? (10-3 instead of 10-2). With 10-2 you still get a third conductor for ground.

2. If you go to 240volts your wire size can get smaller because fewer amps are drawn. 12-2 at 240 volts is better than 10-2 at 120 volts, and, depending on how long the run is, will save a few bucks.