My CD drawer won't open please help ?

I have an intermitten problem w/my transport's drawer it won't open, from the remote nor the unit. I opened it up and every thing looks OK, but what do I know. I slabbed some grease on the rails and it opened again now it won't work :-( I even tried the old fashioned giving it a whack still the same problem. Of course I am leery about getting ripped off by techs with their inflated repair bills. Anyone experinced the same thing before? please share your thoughts and ideas
Thank you

Stan
anacondastan
Post removed 
My denon has a belt and it gets loose. I have to get a new belt and then all is fine. Chris
I fixed a similar problem by cleaning the drive belt with a non-slip fluid for rubber parts, like belts and idler wheels, purchased at Radio Shack (isopropyl might work if you find the stuff's unavailable). The faulty player used a rubber belt to drive the gears for the drawer mechanism, and it was slipping due to contamination or age. Solvent cleaning restored its grip. I hope your problem is that easily remedied. Good luck.
Could just be slipping belt or loose spindle pulley(loose grub screw)that holds tension.