Headphone I can stand for more than 1 hour

Every headphone I have ever had starts to drive me crazy after 1 hour. I started with the Sennheiser HD 414. Warm foam cushions and push too much on my ears. Tried the AKG K-1000. Too heavy and push on the side of my head. Grado SR 325 - too warm. Why can't anyone make a headphone that sounds good and one I can use for a couple of hours? Have you found a comfortable one yet?
dcaudio
Try MB Quart they are very light and comfortable. Mine are MB Quart 250. Sound wise I found them to be very close to Sennheiser HD580's and Beyerdynamic DT990. I fall asleep with them on all the time.
Good Luck
Sony makes a very comfortable open ear design-well ventilated.

Consider also a non-fatiguing headphone amp (tube rolling helps), and most importantly, some kind of crossfeed circuit which will reduce long run fatigue.
I have the Senn 590's and they are very light and comfortable. I've read several other threads which indicate the 570/590's are more comfortable then the 580/600's line, but I only had the 600's on for a short demo, so I can't really comment more then saying that they did seem a little heavier IMO.
Gee I kinda like my Stax Pro Lambna's, cost me $700 back in '90 and still going strong, I could never go back to dynamic type headphone the electrostatic is too revealing. They are big but not uncomfortable. Stax dedicated headphone tube amp is a must.. improvement over their voltage conversion boxes. Model 007t or something like that is what I use, sounds great.
The most comfortable phones that I have are: Sony R-10, Sony CD3000, Stax Omega II, Beyerdynamics DT-880, DT-770 Pro, DT-990 Pro, Sennheiser HD-600, Audio Technica W-100. I totally agree that the AKG K-1000s put a lot of pressure on your temple, as do most Grado headphones. Other than the Sony R-10's and Stax Omega II's, all of the other cans mentioned above are reasonably priced (from under $200 to $400 range) and widely available.