Name three of yours the most favourite drummers

I nominate the following

1. Mark Nauseef
2. Ginger Baker(yeah, the erly one!)
3. Jackie Liebezeit
128x128marakanetz
buddy rich,without a doubt ,is the best of all times.he transcended 50 years of unparelled excellence . sure ,he wasn't a rock drummer,but his jazz genre was more difficult than r&b or rock and roll.
look at some old tapes of him on the old johnny carson show
and tell me there is a better technical drummer than buddy.
by the way,he was well past his prime on these shows.
I wouldn't think of calling Buddy a great musician, let alone the "best" drummer. While he was a great technician, he wouldn't play any arrangement that didn't feature him as a "soloist", even when he didn't have a drum solo in the song.
Drummers like Hal Blaine and Bernard Purdie were team players, playing parts that would place the "song" as the top priority, not their egos. Buddy never did that kind of thing, as it just wasn't in his personality.
And speaking of personality, ask any player who ever shared the stage with Buddy (or worked for him) exactly what they thought of him.
All three absolutely phenomenal.

I would have to add Steve Gadd and Buddy Rich and Billy Cobham to the list as well.

Had the opportunity to see Steve Smith's Buddy's Buddies at a small club in Chicago once. It was his tribute to Buddy Rich, complete with two of Buddy's bandmembers, Steve Marcus and Andy Fusco. It was a show I'll never forget. Unfortunately you will never see this group again, because a couple of months after the show Steve Marcus, one of Buddy Rich's sax men died. That guy could blow!

Best,
Ron
If forgot Kofi Baker! Yes, Kofi not Ginger.

Kofi is Gingers son and can this guy crank! He has a totally out front lead style that fits in with one of the best progressive jazz fusion bands on the planet, Chris Poland's OHM. All of these guys rock out to the max, and Kofi's style drives them to frenetic levels. If you are into heavy progressive rock/jazz, they can't be missed!

Ron