Pass labs X600

Hello

I would like to know, what amp from another manufacturer is comparable to the Quality and potencial of the Pass X600 regardles of price. What amp can be consider to be as good as the X600. I'm in the market for a pair of monoblocks, but seems that I won't be able to find any X600 any time soon, so I need another options? Also what make Pass labs X600 so heavy? is it worth the weight?Any help will be apreciated before I make a decision.

Armando
armandito
Armando - I think Muralman1 is saying "times are a changing" based on the fact he was once personally singing the praises of the X600's as he owned them... He now owns the H20 mono's. Not to speak for him, but if I remember reading his comparisons correctly the X600's don't hold a candle to the H20 mono's in his system. Muralman1 - please correct any inconsistencies my memory may have misreported.
Audiofankj. Your memory serves you well. The difference is really like pulling a wet blanket off my speakers. What seemed like dynamic and clear, becomes lazy and opaque in comparison. Of course, I am speaking from my own experiences with my own systems.
The site just went up. It's under construction, and leaves a lot to be desired.

www.iceh2oaudio.com
Armando, Perhaps it is in fact true that things are achangin'. Even Nelson Pass may be agreeing with all concerned: Pass labs is in the process of redesigning its entire X series, to be now called the X.5. An X600.5 should arrive hopefully in the first part of next year. Do not abandon the idea of X600 yet. But you may want to wait and have a listen to the X600.5 before you make any final decisions. I know I will.