Anyone have, or heard a McIntosh C41?

I think I am going to buy one, but I really am curious to know what else people like in that price range. I need something with as much weight as the McIntosh.

L8r,

B
hantrax
I saw the C41 a few times but didn't have a chance to listen to it. I heard that it sounds similar to the C42 (the one I have) except the C41 do not have the 8 bands EQ. For SS, this is one of the better one and I am happy with the sounds of my C42. If you have extra bucks and interested in tubes, you may want to consider the C2200. What other equiqments do you have?

Rodney
Please see the web site below that references a McIntosh C41. http://66.216.98.167/mcprod/views/ReviewSuono324.html
I am with Rodney, I listened to the C41 It was good, went right to the C42 I liked the 8 band EQ, and the sound was much better. Then It Happened the C2200 was a very warm & open sound being tube. It took me 30 min. in matching this to a MC 352 Amp, which I did, This is a sweet combo and I love it.
The C41 was very nice but not for me.
Dave
I own the C42 and the C2200. The 2200 is by far the better of the two. The 41 I have heard and it can compete with the 42 without as much control for recordings with glare. If there is a large difference in price I think you will be happy with the 41 but if you can swing a 2200 do not hesitate.
I also heard the 2200, and I like it a lot, but it is out of my price range.

My other gear is a pair of Scott Nixon monoblock amps. They are 40 watts each, and are op-amp designs based on the LM3875. I also have a Nixon TubeDac with a Sony 7700 transport. Audience AU24 interconnects, digital, power cords, jumpers, and speaker cables. Piega C-3 Limited speakers.

Thanks for the advice. .

B