Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
I remember this thread was one reason I joined Audiogon. Good to see It again. Not married but used to have a girlfriend who thought she knew best how to spend my money. Firstly buy gear that looks similar and use tracking. The day it arrives take off early get it off the porch , break down the box and put in the car trunk. Throw that away at work. Get that piece into the rack preferably the bottom shelf. Put something audio related in front of it (but not something she will want to move. Couple weeks and your good. If you have a dedicated room it works even better cause she probably won't go in there anyway. Especially since you use thick heavy curtains over the windows for sound absorbtion of course and a single 40 watt bulb inside a dark lampshade. If ups fails you by being late the fallback is that this is your piece that you sent in for a "free" repair and just got back. Don't have that girlfriend anymore but I don't think there was any relationship.
Post removed 
I'm kinda jumpin in late here but I just discovered this old thread.
This is all real funny but now I have my doubts about those $10 shoes, the $5 blouse and the $120 sofa to match the $60 drapes. ! Hmmmm maybe the jokes on me.....
Glad someone revived this thread so that I may confess to a recent awkward experience as a result of my less-than-full disclosure. I had convinced my wife that I invested only X in my system. The truth is that my investment has been more like 4X, and that is the actual cash investment (not figuring in what the used equipment would have cost if bought new). We recently met at our house with our insurance agent to update our coverage. Imagine the flop sweat on my brow when the agent asked me for the replacement value of my audio equipment. After a bit of shuffling of feet, I had to suggest that I would need to "get back to him" with the details. The look I got from my wife was priceless.

Like they say, "Oh what a tangled web we weave..."
I drive an old reliable Camry pressing a quarter of a million miles, and am handy at being able to perform most maintenance on it. When my sweetie of 17 years questions, "How Much?" - like a recent TAD-150 purchase here on Agon -, I reply, "Less that 2 payments on a new Camry". As long as I can forgo a new car payment, its easy for me to justify my audio addiction!