Audio Research service

I have heard that ARC's service is not the greatest, is there truth to this? Give your experience.
brianmgrarcom
Audio Research did warranty work on my LS-1 when it was five years old, it can't get any better than that.
All of my experiences with ARC have been excellent. And speaking of Ruth ... think of all of the various companies you've called over the years. Has there been a better telephone voice than that which is projected Ruth? She makes me smile.
Ruth is great, helpful, sweet - just great and she always makes my day. One day they had a problem with my creditcard when they charged it - she called me, wondering - I asked her to try again, and it worked.

I live in Copenhagen, Denmark - 7 timezones away.

That's service and customer care...
The tubes on my A.R.C. Ref3 preamp were $550. The hours i put on it required me to change them once a year . It only broke once in the there years I owned it .
My experience has been so-so. I recently purchased a VS60 and trying to speak to Calvin has been tedious at best. He's never available and I have to leave a message. Sometimes, he gets back to me and sometimes not. I ended up going to the ARC tech here in NYC.