Can I zap myself biasing my tube amp??

I just got a VTL ST-85. The biasing is done with the juice off , correct? So there should be no way to zap myself. If some biasing has to be done with the juice on, is there really any chance of shock? Maybe I will need to wear my thick rubber soled boots.....thanks...Mark
mythtrip
Get some help. If you have never done this before, it can be very dangerous. Just the fact that you are considering rubber boots tells me that you may be unaware of the precautions needed. The place you want the insulation is on your hands. You may not get a second chance if you make a mistake. A tenth of an amp is all the current needed to be fatal.
Post removed 
Post removed 
mythtrip... i just got the VTL IT 85, and wasn't sure about biasing either. it wasn't a big deal! i just read the directions a couple of times, and went to radio shack with the catalog numbers they referenced in the manual. i got a little plastic screwdriver at radio shack too. total cost was about $35. got home, easily took off the cage, and everything was clearly labeled on that map of the inside of the amp.... it was really easier than i thought.

good luck..