Quiet fan to cool amp and preamp?

I have an Audio Research tubed preamp and solid state amp in a wall unit that is enclosed on 3 sides. Although there are no other components above or below each of them, they still heat up the cabinet quite a bit. There are about 6 inches of headroom above each component, and I can't increase it. I don't want to cut the back out either. I am looking for a relatively small and quiet fan that I can mount at the rear of the wall unit to circulate the hot air out towards the open front of the cabinet. Any suggestions? Thanks.
hughes88
I have my wife use a folding paper fan and wave it over my amps during listening sessions. Very quiet and inexpensive. As an added bonus, I can send her to fetch a beverage when needed. Of course, if she ever logs on to this site, I will be listening to the sounds of silence while I sleep in the garage.
I have seen some good looking and quiet 19' rackmount fans for computer servers or studio equipement. the nice thing is they have a power switch and come in 1U and up the nice thing is they usually multiple small fans so you can run them at low speed to get the noise down and still get good CFM. I see them on Ebay frequently.
I had a similar problem and was running 2 radio shack fans but they were too loud. I replaced them with a component fan made by Elan. It's called the Elan Z Fan and is 17" wide and only stands about 2". It contains 2 fans and has a remote turn on and remains on for 2 minutes after the system is turned off. The fans are also heat sensitive and speed up or slow down as needed. It retails for around $250.00

Larry
I too looked into fans and went to Radio Shack to test drive what they had. It was a slow day and the saleperson let me test all of they had. All were too noise. I was using a friend's Rotron "Whisper" fan #027117 as my reference piece. The Rotron is pricey but it was the quietest. Specs of the Rotron are: RPM = 1600, CFM = 55, dba = 30. In my system I suspended it with fishing line from the self above. That was the quietest mod. It will also work if you rest it on a hockey puck and then place one on top. Good luck.