WILSON AUDIO/ cost vs. value

wilson ad; absolute sound;issue 162. page 12.... dave wilson states in his ad that wilson loudspeakers have one of the [ lowest ] profit margins in the industry. My question is should wilson make public their profit margin percentage's to back up their claims or is this more hyperbole from a high-end audio manufacturer...
aolmrd1241
Profit margin depends on what you claim as your 'cost'. I've worked in the energy industry for 20 years, and realize what a joke it is when oil companies say they are only making a 10¢ 'profit' on a $3 gallon of gasoline. It's because they control internally what they call 'costs' like transportation, refining, marketing, advertising, distribution, etc. When they artificially inflate those 'costs' they can say that their 'costs' are $2.90, when in reality they are internally retaining $2 - split between/within the production company, the refining company, the pipeline, the gas station, etc. Poor guys, only making 10¢ on a gallon of gasoline. Yeah right. And Wilson has the smallest profit margin in the industry.
Westborn, if you think the energy industry is bad BSing their costs, the film industry would make you projectile vomit... preferably into the face of someone like peter guber.
Hikejohn, I think that your cost analysis is plain silly as every manufacturer follows a different formula for calculating costs. The industry does not follow any pre-made formula. Add to that the fact that many manufacturers are in the business to explore their passion rather then maximize profit.
Seems like Wilson is answering a question that was not asked. That's usually a sign of guilt.
Macro, is it a sign of their guilty conscience to feel justified with their prices, or yet another another tactic to try to convince us that their speakers are priced right and so worthy of our hard earned $'s.
I couldn't care at what price they sold at, the sound offered was nothing I'm interested in.