Where was the best reproduced sound you ever heard?

Answer: Right here in Poulsbo, Washington.

Shunyata Research wowed us all!!

I have short videos but lack the knowledge 

of how to share the files.

Best to inquire yourselves.

128x128jeffseight

This one was unexpected.  At a Stereophile show in Manhattan in 2005(?), Roman Audio Centurions powered by Krell gear.  We put on a Brad Mehldau JVC XRCD, a sampler, "In the Wee Small Hours of the Night".  About a dozen people in the room, and nobody said a word, or even breathed very loudly, through the entire 6+ minute cut. Even when it ended, people were just still gobsmacked and silent for another 10 seconds.  Too bad the poor guy couldn't get the brand off the ground.

I believe you and for the reason you enumerated i am pretty sure your system is at least very good...

You gave as much importance to installation , embeddings controls and optimization than to upgrades in your post than i trust your impression  ...😊

Certainly my own system as over decades I developed, vetted, tweaked, and generally made my gear heap conform to my personal taste, which results in an astonishingly well sorted sound in my surprisingly great sounding room. Utterly personal of course as most of my friends don’t care at all, and I don't have a stream of audio geeks coming by with their preferences in their addled brains. As a certified "knob turner," working musician and concert producer/sound mixer, my taste has been formed from live music which I can instantly produce by playing an instrument, although listening is easier. Seriously, you have to take a uke off the wall, tune it, take a guitar out of its case...check the humidifier, change batteries in tuners...click a switch on an amp...it’s just so much

@mahgister + 1. I was just gonna say My own system.

i just go to your virtual page...

There is no comparison at all between your TOP system compared to my modest one...i say it to be clear... S.Q. is also related to gear design ... My point is that gear design and upgrades are not enough...😁

We must take care of electrical,mechanical and acoustical aspects of the sound room...

My system so modest it is is very balance and the most satifying i experienced , not because it is the better i had seen , but because the others i had listen too more costlier were not well embedded...

I believe you for sure because you know the basic and i dont doubt that your system being balanced acoustically will exceed mine in performance and in impressions ...😊

But many people conflate potential performance by design with balanced acoustic experience in a room ...

congratulation...

i wish i could travel to hear your system...

🥂

😊

My system does not sound shabby.😁

But if I rate it rationally, it would be around 10th or so.

Thomas