What stereo equipment do respected musicians listen to?

With all the debate on this piece of equipment is better than that, it got me to thinking… What setup do well respected musicians have, e.g. amps, speakers, etc.  What does Wynton Marsalis listen to, for example?  Just curious and thought it might be a fun topic. 

128x128bigtex22

I wonder how much Black Flag and other hardcore Henry listens to these days?

I get rhythm pointers from the drummer and bassist. I’m a lifelong guitar wanker. Can’t hold a groove to save my life!

@tablejockey Totally agree. I’m a drummer and couldn’t make a rehearsal once but my band decided to go ahead anyway. By all accounts it was a total mess and my stock went up greatly. Drummers might not be considered “musicians” by some, but I’d submit we’re at least necessary.  IME, if the bass player and drummer (i.e. rhythm section) aren’t in synch, everything else crumbles.   Just my experience.

Musicians are makers, active participants in this endeavor, we are passive participants, totally different objectives.

Well said, and I completely agree.

Musicians do not have any insider secrets for home audio, you may as well ask a lawyer what their system is, you might get a more informed answer. 

@tony1954 - when I first saw the title of this thread, my first thought was 'Henry Rollins' - he's a big-time audiophile!