What music do you use to audition equipment/cables

Which album/track do you use & why..?
128x128infection
@Chrshanl37- you're confused. Everyone else seems to understand...

@Schubert- interesting re: audience...What are your findings?

"If something can't reproduce the lovely harmonic interplay Of Thea's Clarinet with the Gabriela Qt strings its nothing I want."
This is exactly my approach but with different music.

For me it's tracks from At Action Park by Shellac & Psychic Maps by Dysrhythmia.
I think auditioning equipment using only very simple stripped down tracks does not allow you to discover its capabilities.
I like to start with solo guitar, solo piano, gradually adding complexity. I want something that works well for classical chamber and jazz combos and is pretty good with a rock band or full orchestra. I think it's good to mix well-recorded and so-so productions since I'm going to be listening to both. I've used Ashkenazy/Beethoven, Miles Davis (stereo), pop tunes such as You are the Sunshine of my Life, Sweet Dreams (Patsy Cline), Aaron Neville's version of Save the Last Dance and especially Joan Baez' medley of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair and Danny Boy.
I try to use the tracks that I know the best. Easier for me to compare that way.
I'm confused? The fact that you actually posted this question when there are countless threads on every audio website pertaining to this very subject tells me you are the one who seems to be confused. Any member of this forum could probably have guesses what 80% of the responses would be to your question as its always the usual suspects.

My point that you seem to be missing is using demo tracks to audition gear will not tell you a damn thing in regards to how much you will actually enjoy a piece of gear in your system regardless of how well it portrays a list of songs or as one member suggests audience applause. Building a system based on this criteria is asnine to say the least. But to each their own. Good luck professor.