Von Scheikert VR4jr in a small room .

I just heard these speakers and really liked them . I compared them to Usher 6311 and the VS. came out way ahead . I also auditioned the VS. VR2's . They were good but did not seem to have the same presence and body of the jr.'s . Probably due to the decreased base .
My problem is that my listening room is only 10ft. X 11ft. I have things set-up on a diagonal so as not to suffer the anomolies of a small square room .
Has anyone tried the JR.'s in a room of this size and done well with them ?
Any suggestions ?
Thank you .
saki70
I am auditioning the VR-2s for my large room but have not heard them yet. The VR-1s are the only VS I have, but in that room, they are phenomenal. I don't believe the size of the VR-2s will be the limiting factor. It will depend on the spl you want to listen at. The room nodes will be there regardless of the speakers, because that is a function of the room itself. It sounds as though you will be rather close to the speakers (near-field) and for that reason smaller monitor speakers may image better. Even better might be single driver designs or very efficient speakers. There is alot of talk on this forum about the Zu line. Its hard to know until you try. Have fun!
11'X 12', 10' X 11'.....you guys are listening in a closet. You shouldn't even consider a full range floor standing speaker. Set your sights on a good small monitor, you'll never do justice to a medium/large speaker in a room like that.

Oz
Is 19' x 10' listening room (sitting 11' away along long wall) considered small or mid size room? Would VR4jr be suitable?
Ethifi - that 10 foot wall is really going to be a limiting factor in that room.

Even if it was a 50 x 10 ft room, you'd still have the 10' wall messing things up.

You will either have the speakers too close together on the 10 foot wall, or if you tried putting them on the 19' foot wall, they would have to be 5' out in the room to soundstage right, and then it would be an extreme nearfield.

So unfortunately in the context of audio, it is a small room. I'd stick with small stand-mounts.
Hi Goatwuss

If I use monitor speakers on stands, it would be kids-unfriendly, i.e. my kids might knock them down some day.