tt isolation help

what would work best with a rega planar 2 sitting directly on top of it with the factory feet off, herbie iso-cup with the marble type balls , or stillpoints, or herbies tenderfeet. thanks.
danovak
I have an older Target rack. I did try a few different types of feet on my Rega Planar 3. I use the CF Cones from Composite Audio Products. They sounded just as good as the ones from Black Diamond Racing, but cost a whole lot less. I actually went as far as to glue them straight onto the plinth. They do not take away from the PRAT factor at all. It is still the Rega sound, just better.
05-20-09: Jloveys
WHY not ?
Jean.
1) The OP is looking for replacement feet, probably for $100 or less.
2) For $1550 you could get a significantly better turntable, as opposed to placing an entry-level turntable on a high-zoot platform.
I do agree with Johnnyb. The CF Cones are about $75.00 for a set of three. Pretty cheap, by comparison to what is out there. The Black Diamond Rega setup at Music Direct costs a lot more than that. If you start going crazy with the platforms, racks, etc., you may be better off with a different table entirely.
Air tubes, sand, gel pads, Vibrapods, cork/rubber blocks ... there are lots of very inexpensive ways to drain the vibration out of a component and isolate it from in-room vibrations as well.