The space between the speakers

I would like to invest in a high end stereo system. Something like the Wilson Audio Sophias driven by Audio Research electronics. I need to share the space though with our home theater which means that there will be a cabinet that holds the 52 inch tv with a pop up lift in back and electronics in front between the speakers. The cabinet is 5.5 ft wide by 3 ft deep by 45 inchs tall. I can position the front of the speakers a little in front of the cabinet (6 to 12 inches). My question is: Is it likely that I will be able to get good enough sound out of the speakers in this situation to warrant the investment or is the cabinet a deal breaker?
mmaslow
Larryken, a wood cabinet between speakers is far better than hard reflective surfaces...like glass french doors behind speakers perhaps? As long as the speakers are in front of the cabinet at least a foot and well spaced apart, the problems will be minimal. Irregular surfaces and soft sound absorptive materials will help as well...plants, furniture, artwork can all be part of the plan and break up reflection points and standing waves.
Thanks for all the good advice and comments. You have confinced me to give it a go. The TV is on a lift so it is stowed in the cabinet when not in use. I will read up on sound treatment at rives.com as suggested and figure out a way to make the best of what I have to work with. I just didn't want to invest a lot of money and then be very disappointed with the results. I look forward to getting into the hi end stuff and having experiences to share. thanks again for your help.
it will help if you make sure the front of your speakers are in front of your tv cabinet
I may have to negotiate how far out I can go with my wife but I think I should be able to get them out about a foot. (we all not only have to live with sometimes less than ideal rooms but also have to live in a world where design of the space often includes other opinions and preferences:)

Thanks for the advice