The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
the best imaging speakers would be a pair of little 6&1/2 inch 2 ways that wally from speaker city in burbank thru together in june......Magic, just unbelievable......he has been doing this for 35 years and so have i,nothing kills us these do and they cost about 600 bucks.....okay volume,responce,and all the rest....who knows ???? but imaging ???? magic.... scan speak parts with an xover that makes NO sence at all but who cares ?????
BEST is the MONTANA WAS's. Not only do they sound extremely good, the workmanship, hardware, and attention to detail is spot on....built for a life time.
I am using the Dynaudio Evidence Temptations, but it took six months of auditioning differnt equiptment and cables to bring out the magic. These speakers respond to the most minute changes in equiptment and room placement. They definitely belong on the shortlist of great speakers to audition.