Testicle Tumor

I hope the moderators approve this.
I was diagnosed yesterday with a testicle tumor, I will have surgery on Friday and have my left thing extracted. It will be one week till I know if it's a ''good'' or bad tumor and I'm really scared.
Have any of you gone through this ?...and please if you've lost someone due to this please don't tell me.
foxtrot
Foxtrot, I can only add my belief that we all dislike the uncertainty of tomorrow in our lives. In your situation you are saddled with an abundance of that. Be rested in the thought that 'you will be here tommorow' with or without one of two testicles. Sometimes a way to minimize a concern is to shadow it with the perstective of a larger possibility. What if it was a kidney, eye, arm you get the drift. If there is cancer and they get it, be thankful. If there isn't cancer and you lose one nut to find out. Be thankful, because there was no cancer. You will have a normal life and time will reveal the lack of importance one out of two testacles really has in life. Back up, re-focus on the future and the present will soon be past.
God bless and release you of all fear.
A close friend of mine had testicular cancer when he was 29, Foxtrot, and he's doing great six years later. Kicks my rear end on the bicycle, and is consistently winning his division in triathlons. Best of luck to you, and please keep us all updated.
Howard
in 1978 i had a liposarcoma, a rare malignant cancer that masticized the lymph node located between my right leg and torso. i was 29 years old. the one thing i knew was that i wasn't smart enough to figure out was the answer to 'why me' so i didn't spend alot of time on that question. instead, i entrusted my fate ' karma to my maker and gave thanks for and to all those that loved me and for the opportunity for me to love them. i am still here and know that all life is a gift. do the 'research' of the literature if it makes you feel better. trust the medical professionals to be competent. faith is powerful and is within your realm. i trust you will be here.

ray
Foxtrot, don't know if this will help; hopefully it will....

From the Bible:
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
(Mat 6:34 NIV)

From Tom Petty:

"Sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway"

(Crawling Back to You from WILDFLOWERS)
Foxtrot, my best for a sure and speedy recovery.

A very close friend of mine also had testicular cancer. He was maybe 22, and it was more than 10 years ago. He recovered swiftly, and has been a most viable person since. That includes being quite capable successful with the opposite sex. And, the jokes about being "off balance" leave me in tears - no, they're not really true, just funny!

Based on being around him since, I can say with confidence that I believe you WILL beat this thing.
More to discover