Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

I would be interested in the answer to the question about supposedly claimed "same" sound when built with different impedance characteristics by design. No clue how that can be. I would think the amp used alone would be a big factor in resulting sound with 2 ohm nominal impedance versus 8.    Not buying that without some explanation, but if none that’s OK.

I've had my Moabs (regular version) for 2 years and after 30 years in this hobby, having owned a dozen major brand speakers, consider them to be the the best of the bunch. They check all the audiophile boxes for me and come very close to the scale, dynamics and immediacy of hearing live music. They also readily reveal any changes in your upstream setup.

Admittedly, I am a budget audiophile - the Moabs were my most expensive speaker purchase. BUT my well-heeled brother, who owns Wilson MAXX, says the Moabs are every bit as musically satisfying as his Wilsons. So much so, that he bought the Encores for his second home.

mapman, Trust me here... it's being done and I am under no obligation to share how any of it's done beyond what I've said already.
Sadly, high-end audio tends to lag behind car audio, pro audio, and consumer audio developments. As an example, I did my first 1/2 Ohm stereo in 1993. Over here today, we're putting the finishing touches on a new 1 Ohm audiophile subwoofer. LOL! I can see it now... some folks will singing it's praises and others will be shouting Tekton is committing another audiophile heresy. 
markor6457, Thanks for sharing! Loved hearing about your brothers speakers too. You are probably aware that we love Wilson Audio - they’re across town from us. I’ve had three of their past employees on my team.
mapman, Trust me here... it’s being done and I am under no obligation to share how any of it’s done beyond what I’ve said already.

That’s OK. I’ll take it for what’s it worth. I can see where a 2 ohm speaker could easily sound like a 8 ohm speaker, but I would attribute that to the amp being a champ, not the speakers. Wouldn’t happen with just any amp.

I tend to agree with another vendor here who asserts an amp will always distort less with a higher impedance speaker than a low impedance speaker because it does not have to work as hard. That makes sense to me. The question will be how much more? With a champ amp that’s up to the task at hand it may not matter much if at all.