Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129
yogiboy, Thanks! Our brand [Tekton] is polarizing to some audiophiles; even to the point that a few hate what we stand for. Understand the worlds most acclaimed loudspeakers are actually visual pieces of art that second as a high-performance loudspeaker. We don't follow/adhere to this set of rules and it allows us to offer products that sound as good for a lower price. Our gig is manufacturing affordable high efficiency audiophile grade loudspeakers. This approach requires no frills pro audio drivers, a utilitarian form following function design, cost effective size and weights to ease shipping costs, a painted finish that does the job and doesn't break the bank.
Next we have the patented tweeter array doing the finest midrange you'll ever hear; some believe it looks amazingly functional and cool and others cannot wrap their brain around the concept so they pooh-pooh on our products without listening.
Eric Alexander - audio designer   

mapman, LOL! Sound is subjective. Taste in music covers the spectrum. We all have our individual HRTF. Some can hear well enough but can’t discern. IMO, the perfect loudspeaker isn’t coming along any time soon.

@tektondesign  I never said that the Pendragon wasn't a good buy for most listeners.  It's price as most Tekton speakers are in the more affordable to even inexpensive range.  That Albert Von Schweikert complimented your design does not indicate that his perception that they were anywhere near his quality of speakers of which I have heard half a dozen from $4K to $325K and own one in the middle as well as my best friend's lower end model.  

The $30K speaker is a whole different subject.  Mr. Von Schweikert did NOT hear that one.  He was commenting and probably complimenting you on your affordable speaker line.  

I don't know ANY speaker manufacturer who would or could take a multi-driver dynamic speaker and simply change it to perform the "same" at 2, 4 or 8 ohms.  I would greatly appreciate how that is electrically possible.  Or are they receiving different sound from each different impedance speaker? 

fleschler, How can you say all this without having auditioned the Moabs or Ulfberhts?

Albert Von Schweikert was focused on the Ulfberht model. It was the only speaker we talked about. I’ve said it already... the Ulfberht gives nothing away to the Focal Grand Utopia - I believe that’s $.03 to the $1.00 [$.0357 to the $1.00 to be exact].

You say "I don’t know ANY speaker manufacturer who would or could take a multi-driver dynamic speaker and simply change it to perform the "same" at 2, 4 or 8 ohms." The facts are you don’t know us, our sound, and you don’t know me (something in your best interest going forward) - this is what we do and it’s how we roll.