Starter budget tube preamp with remote?

Hi,
I'm starting to try out tube preamp (as many said they can make your system sing). I've been eyeing used Rogue Metis on Agon. My current system are all emotiva (ERC-1, USP-1 and XPA-2) with a pair of ML Aerius. How much of an improvement can the Rogue Metis (or a similar tube preamp w/ remote) do to my current system?
Thanks,
johncdnt
Quicksilver remote Control linestage is a nice value used.
It uses 6DJ8 so you can tube roll if you would like.
Hi Johncdnt

I found this older thread about the Rogue Metis vs. the Emotiva USP-1 as well as a rather nice thorough review about the USP-1.

Metis vs. USP-1

Ferrari's USP-1 review

Maybe just keep the USP-1 and get a Tube based DAC? The ERC-1 would make one heck of a transport. Also how about swapping out the XPA-2 for a re-built Dynaco ST-70 amp?

I remember in the Emotiva's lounge some time ago there was a member who had a USP-1 paired up with a Bob Latino Dynaco 120 amp and really liked the music from the pairing.

Good luck with the search. I gave up on tube preamps. I wanted one with a good phono section and a remote for about $500 and had no luck.
You should search for a Eastern Electric Avant pre. The thing is not ultra expensive and sounds wonderful. Contact Bill O'Connor at Morning Audio. It uses a total of 8 tubes, 5 12au7,2 12ax7 and 1 EZ90 6x4 rectifier.
Gopher wrote up a very positive evaluation of the Avant over on Audio Circle. Compared favorably to his Shindo, which is really saying something in my book.
Thanks for all the replies. My budget is around $1k and I preferred used gears since I can get most out of the $ spent. Any product line from Rogue or BAT that currently listed on Agon around this ball park that would give a significant boost over my current USP-1 preamp?