Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Have had these since they were new in 1987 and have loved listening to them ever since. They never cease to amaze me.
I started with Apogee Stages 9 years ago and then converted them to Mini Grands apx 4 years ago. I love them so much I am in the process of having expensive external cross overs built for the Stage panel portion. The cross overs are speaker specific so that is commitment. I can hear the box on normal speakers so no matter how good they are I know where the speakers are. Not so with the Mini Grands. Got hooked on the open sound by having Dahlquist DQ-10s for many years until they were stolen. I feel good about my Apogees in the longer term because there is a great users group and currently two places to purchase replacement ribbons. For parts and support with your Apogees check out the users group www.apogeespeakers.totalserve.co.uk/
Pair of Magnapan MGIIA. I have owned them since 1986. They have been rebuilt by Magnapan in 1990, rewired and upgraded crossover by myself. I have also done slight cosmetics and spiked them to improve their sound. I'll keep them for a while longer.
I've been using magnepan MG1's for about 18 years. I just added Maggie MG3a's for H/T fronts and my trusty MG1's as surrounds. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon!