Speakers that sound like Usher Be-20s/10s

I am looking for speakers. I am a fan of the Usher sound - superb 3d soundstage, excellent leading edge dynamics, great attack and transients that make one jump out of the chair. I am considering the BE20s/10s in the used market but given their huge size and room requirements and low availability in the used market I am in two minds. Can anyone recommend a speaker that sounds similar? Especially previous Usher owners? I was considering Revel Salon 2s but got the impression that they are a little un-exciting and don't have a good attack (I may be mistaken)
My amp - Rotel 1090
Thanks!
Saum
sammisra
I would rather listen to Bose cubes than Usher BE, something about them that makes my ears hurt. Revel Salon 2 are polar opposite and a fine sounding speaker that I could listen to forever.
I heard some big Ushers at a show some years back and was also very impressed. In terms of imaging the speakers they reminded me most of was Joseph Audio, but I can't speak to how they compare on the other parameters you mention. JA speakers sound very natural to me, but not sure if they have the jump factor, etc. you're looking for or not. Certainly worth a look imo.

In terms of dynamics and jump factor I might take a look at some PMC speakers. I think that powerful dome midrange driver might excel in that area, and from what I've read they image quite well too. The Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne might be an interesting option too. Best of luck.
Thanks. I've heard good things about PMC. Also- The Evolution Acoustics MMMicro seems to be making quite a name but its just difficult to find a dealer even in New York, but worth a shot. Maybe I'll also give the Revels another listen
Hi everyone,

I own a pair of BE-10 and i can't find anything that can compare to it! Truing to find one for less is impossible.
Revel is overpriced for a non-interesting result. Comparing a BE-10 to the SALON is not fair for the revel...
The BE-10 is very transparent and the result can be really different considering the matching electronics and cables. I heard the BE-10 with PLINIUS mono blocks during the Munich high-end salon and it was pretty bad. The sound was too forward and flat due to the non musical PLINIUS system.
I use my BE-10 with MUSIC CULTURE electronics and it's quite amazing. My wires are ACROLINK, ANALYSIS PLUS (i'll upgrade to TARALABS OMEGA soon). The evidence is so clear to ears that you just go deeper into music.
I know the whole USHER range. BE-10 can only be compete by itself. If there is not many BE-10 on the second hand market, it should be the sign that nobody want to change it.
I compared the CP-8571 to the SASHA 3 and even at this price range, the USHER was superior in every way.
I think you've better stay in USHER AUDIO brand and try to find something at you're price range. The CP-6311 is an amazing low priced speaker cause it's very musical. Not the most detailed or sharp but music is very emotional with it.