Sota Star Tonearm Cartridge Choice

I've finally decided to upgrade the Rega 330 and Hana EL on my refurbished Sota Star with the upgraded electronics. I spoke with Christen at Sota and he recommended another Hana and an Origin Live tonearm. The Origin Live Silver Mk IV with a Hana S will keep me under budget. The Origin Live Zephyr Mk 4 with the Hana S will put me a little over budget. Is the Zephyr significantly better than the Silver for the extra $400, or do you need to get up into the Encounter?  Would I be better off going with the Silver but a Hana M cartridge? 
Thanks,

John Cotner
New Ulm, MN

jrcotner

I would spend all of the upgrade money on the tonearm, and upgrade the cartridge when it wears out or you can afford another upgrade.

You may find that your existing cartridge sounds much better with a significant tonearm improvement. That was my experience upgrading from a Rega to a Basis tonearm.

Thanks for the input.  I spoke with Christan again and he recommended waiting on the cartridge until the autumn Hana sale.  I'm going to get the Encounter Mk. 4.  With my trade-in it will technically keep me within budget.