Sony HAP-Z1ES + MacBookPro

Love my HAP-Z1ES.  Used it to feed analog into my pre-amp; now using its digital USB output to feed my Devialet 200.  Truly happy with it.
Alas: this week, with my latest MacBookPro software upgrade (MacOS 11.3.1, an update to Big Sur) I can no longer transfer files (using the HAP Music Transfer app) from the laptop to the Sony.  I get error messages, either "Some files are failed in transferring. Please check the transferred file list." or "Transfer cannot start because the device has not been ready for it."  (I've never gotten either of these before.) 

I pinged Sony via Twitter but don't really expect an answer.

Everything else (playing existing files; using the HAP app on my phone as a remote) works fine.

Thanks in advance for any Audiogoner who has advice, diagnostics, workaround.
Ag insider logo xs@2xhrodman
First of all Thanks to HRODMAN for posting the SBM version fix.
It worked for me, just as I was doubting my ability to replace the HDD with a SSD.

A couple of more questions:

1. With a SSD installed, what should the write speed be? I only seem to get 8-12 MB/s.
My wi-fi set up is Gigabit network and the HAPZ1ES is wired while the laptop (sending the music files) has a 400 MB/s wireless connection.
2. How does drag and drop work? I tried in the conventional way but the files just bounce back.

3. Is there a unique formatting of the SDD for the Sony to read? Or is it possible to load an external SSD with music and simply plug into the Sony USB input at the back? Help on this would be appreciated as it would allow me to have 2 external 2TB SSD which I can plug and play music.

Many thanks for this thread and for sharing how to change the HDD.

Cheers.
Amrik

The Sony HAPZ1ES runs on the Lynix platform.  You can’t load a disk with music and install it in the Sony due to the Proprietary software. 
I have the same problem now that my Mac is running Big Sur 11.6. Tried all of the above with no luck.
The Sony HAP1ES uses a special formatting for the SSD so just plugging in a disk with another format will not work. A good work around though would be to find a way to copy files direct to s Sony formatted disk.
As others have noted the HAPZ1ES sounds superb. It seems crazy for Sony to give up on this unit not do at least software support.
I've been sticking with Big Sur 11.3.1 despite my machine urging me at all hours of the day or night to upgrade to 11.6.

Anyone other than audioli1, above, have any experience with HAP-Z1ES <—> MacOS 11.6?
Thanks in advance.