Shopping at Goodwill anyone?

I check out Goodwill a couple times a month for CD's . the audio equipment is not much to speak of ...until today. I saw this pair of Yamaha NX-E150 bookshelf speakers. All wood thick cabinet, 4.5" coned woofer and 1" tweeter.  I picked them up and they felt pretty substantial by weight.  hum...$6.99 each what do I have to lose.  Got home and set them up , put on my favorite B S and Tears SACD and WOW!  I was blown away...great imaging and soundstage.  They sound 4x as big as they are!   Happy Hunting today!
128x128don_1
Go for it with something like that. It's cheap and easy. Besides, it might be good hardware for putting into a DIY cabinet. Several years ago I ran into an acquaintance who picked up a SOTA Moonbean for 25 bucks at a Goodwill.
My wife works at the local Goodwill and her family and known friends are not allowed to shop there, on the days that she works and employees are not allowed to hold items - so a great find there is pretty rare for me. I got very lucky a short time back - when we went in on her day off - while she was strolling through clothes and china, I browsed through electronics and found a very nice psb, powered sub. that had just been put on the floor. I scooped it up fast - a very lucky and Nice Find...Jim
Sansui au555
Snell C ii
Kenwood a3500
Thorens td160?
Various Pioneer silver faced receivers
On and on.
Not as good as it use to be. The economic collapse of 08 sent a lot of people to thrift stores to find things to flip. Keep looking.

I like Goodwill for tee shirts.  I have to look through hundreds to find a couple but I save a chunk of change (which I'd rather spend on LP's/CD's)
Goodwill's in Florida are all for profit.  Reason being if it's a non profit the Ceo's are only allowed a certain amount and no bonus.  If for profit, the Suit's salary and compensation can be the sky's limit.  I'm pretty sure  All Goodwill's are for profit.  It suck's because Goodwill pay's their employees $1 - $3 an hour and they get everything free.