Rogue Cronus an upgrade over the PrimaLuna PL1?

Have the PrimaLuna Prologue One as my first go with a tube amp. Like most everything about the Prologue One but always looking to try something new and move forward on the upgrade path.

Would the Rogue Cronus be a move up? Specs seem to indicate it would be.

Speakers are Spendor SP7/1, majority of listening is from my iMac via USB, to a V-Link then optical to PS Audio DLIII and on to integrated input.
stevensctt
Had the Cronus Magnum which is power by KT90s - would not suggest that that version meets your criteria
You might try some different power tubes in the Prologue One. SED 6550's are not ever going to sound dark and moody even with Mullards to compensate for the linearity of the 6550's. I tried. While the Prologue One has adjustible bias its internal settings were intended to be used with EL34 type tubes, not the more powerful 6550's and their variants (although they can be changed to adjust for the larger tubes). Just a thought.
Hi:

Like Newbee I would first recommend rolling the power tubes. I currently use the new Tungsol 6L6GC and like them alot.

Michael
Grinnel and Stevecham - Thanks for the CJ recommendations. Want to stay with an integrated, is the CAV50 a move in the right direction?

Nebee and Michaelo - I may try different power tubes, the 6L6GC if compatible. I strongly prefer the SED 6550 over the stock EL34.