Questions about Musical Fidelity M5si Integrated

Hello,

I've been strongly considering the M5si integrated, and I have a couple of questions about it.

First, I have seen some posts in various forums about issues with using the HT bypass input, mainly things like noise, cracks or pops etc.  Does anyone here have experience with this amp and using the HT bypass on it?

Second, I am trying to get a reply from the manufacturer on whether or not this amp is a 'common ground' design, or instead if the negative speaker terminals are floating.  My speakers require that the negative speaker terminals are tied together.  Does anyone here know?

Thank you,
Greg

rhythm5

Focal Naim wants you to send them an email at:

[email protected]

I filed a request for you and they responded with an email asking you to send them an email at address above.  

Already sent a request to that email address back on March 15th. Someone replied and forwarded my message to their service department so they could help me. Nothing back yet, despite me sending a few reminders to both the first address and the service department’s address.

I’ve tried their phone lines too - no luck.

Originally I emailed Musical Fidelity directly, but didn't get any help/responses back either.

I will likely buy this amp, but it would nice to know that I was buying a product from a company who will respond when trying to get an answer to a simple question.

@rhythm5, I agree Musical Fidelity Customer support is not the best. In any case, I like my musical Fidelity M6Si amp very much. Did you ever get a response from your retailer on your question?

Hi hgeifman,

No, nothing yet from my nearest retailer, unfortunately.  I was hoping maybe they had a better line of communication with Musical Fidelity, but perhaps not.

I still think the M5si will be a good fit for me and will likely purchase.  It's good to hear how much you like your M6.  The only other integrated that I was still looking into is the Vincent SV-228.  It also has all the connectivity that I need, looks great (to me) and has me curious about trying an amp with a tube preamp section.  However, it's a little more expensive and has less power than the M5si (100/180 vs 150/270 at 8/4 ohms).  For my speakers, both have enough wpc, but I need some good current output and I know the M5si delivers in that area.  Not sure about the Vincent.

Ready to purchase the M5si.  It's been a while since I've bought any gear, so any input on dealer recommendations (or ones to avoid) would be welcome.  Thank you!