Qualities Of An End-game System

Qualities of an end game system: 

- Speakers disappear

- The room disappears

-  The listener disappears, his mind is shut down/gone.

- There is nothing left but the perception of falling into an abyss filled with music. 

- The listener doesn't know where any of the music came from, but, it is all inside of him. Sex, drugs, etc can't come even remotely close to such an experience of pure audio nirvana.

If your system can't do that (whatever it may be), you have no end game.

deep_333

Disappear and soundstage are only a few of the factors in a system but not critical.  IMO it is the tone of the instruments, dynamic contrasts, separation of instruments and vocals, bass definition, do high frequencies float in the air, etc.

Happy Listening

I get tired of being told that I need a treated room or magic directional fuses or 300B tubes or anything else to make my listening experience somehow legitimate. I know exactly how to make any of the various versions of the systems I've enjoyed over half a century of gear collecting sing to my standards, and likely so have many around here. There is no "end game" required in anything connected to music enjoyment or any art form except in your head.

The OP's description strikes me as "first level audiophile" not "end game." 

"End game" indicates a superlative system, one which likely cannot be bettered.

This hobby is filled with hyperbolic descriptions. If we want to talk seriously, we need to avoid hyperbole.