Psvane Teflon capacitors real or fakes?

These are great looking capacitors and supposed to be competing against the Audience, Rel, V-Cap, and Sonicap Teflon capacitors. A couple of my tweaky friends who have no end to new capacitors gave them a try and had one quit after a month or so, and with the wire cut off, no return possible. So they cut it open, yes they are curious, and according to them, the guts looked like mylar, measured like mylar??? Could these not be Teflon caps after all??? I open this for discussion with some of the tweaky electonic minds out there to get to the bottom of this. If they are not genuine teflon, I would not want fellow audiophiles to get ripped by another false claim. But to be fair, real verifiable data should be submitted here, no guesswork. I trust my friends, but I did not do the test, so I open it to other philes. Hey, I like a great deal too, but if it is not as advertised, I get pissed too. Take a look fellow philes, and lets solve the mystery....Jallen
jallen
I am surprised to Parts Connexion is on radio silence for this discourse

I am not Jallen, a few years ago they were called out for selling Oyaide knockoffs as the real thing. Claimed they didn't know, said they paid a lot for them. They've been in the business too long, that doesn't really fly....
This is a sad day for audio. The quick dollar seems to trump long term market viability. One more reason for the consumer to feel duped and cynical. Kudos to Audiogon for allowing the discourse and exposure. Jallen
To answer to Chris from VH Audio:

1. The misunderstanding / error (or whatever you call it) of Teflon film or Teflon shielded leads on Psvane caps has been clarified in my previous post based on the answer I received from Psvane Audio. Whether the manufacturer calls their products Polyester cap is not up to me or you to police. You may direct your opinion to Psvane Audio directly. We simply describe a product based on information provided by manufacturer and if an error is identified, we stand up and correct it immediately.

2. I am not a technical expert and I fully respect your expertise in the industry. However, saying 'downplay' of our evaluation of the product as a whole, rather than on one specific material isn't very fair. I have no intention of downplay importance of any material used in a product - I simply stressed my opinion / preference of evaluating a product as a whole. If you don't agree with my opinion, that is perfectly fine - this industry is full of debate of what is better or what's best. I welcome such debate, but I don't welcome my statement of opinion being labelled as 'downplay', simply because your V-cap uses Teflon and you have great success with it.

3. "despite my numerous e-mail requests made (since September, 2011) for Grant and Psvane to cease and desist..."

Your above statement is simply NOT true. Your first and only email to Grant Fidelity raising trademark issue was dated Sept 20th, 2011 and I personally responded to you on the very same day, and our website removed the questioned content on the very same day. I don't know why you would say 'numerous email requests' because we have kept your email for record and there is only one of such email.

How many emails you have sent to Psvane Audio are not my business and I cannot speak on behalf of them or verify. However, please keep your public statement precise and accurate since you are pretty clear on accuracy of product information provided to public - other information should be treated exactly the same way. Your indication of sending 'numerous emails to Grant Fidelity' is damaging our public image, that's the very least to say.

I clearly recall that in Sept 2011 after receiving your email, we checked V-Cap site for 'TM' mark on CuTF and it was not to be seen then. Despite of such, we removed the wording from our site as at least industry courtesy.

4. The Psvane / Treasure scenario should be presented to Psvane Audio directly - apparently you have sent 'numerous emails' to them and wouldn't mind to send another. Grant Fidelity is a re-seller of products bearing Psvane brand; we are not their agent or representative on legal matter. Directing the case to Grant Fidelity in public will not help you to give Psvane Audio a lecture on trademark - I am not a messenger in this matter.

5. We both are in commercial business in the same industry - public forum may not be the perfect place conduct B2B communication, especially when potential trademark of a few parties is involved. If you have any further issues that you think Grant Fidelity should address, please contact me directly.

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity
I wonder if Grant Fidelity will refund anyone that wants to return the caps that were fraudulently sold to them.