Psvane Teflon capacitors real or fakes?

These are great looking capacitors and supposed to be competing against the Audience, Rel, V-Cap, and Sonicap Teflon capacitors. A couple of my tweaky friends who have no end to new capacitors gave them a try and had one quit after a month or so, and with the wire cut off, no return possible. So they cut it open, yes they are curious, and according to them, the guts looked like mylar, measured like mylar??? Could these not be Teflon caps after all??? I open this for discussion with some of the tweaky electonic minds out there to get to the bottom of this. If they are not genuine teflon, I would not want fellow audiophiles to get ripped by another false claim. But to be fair, real verifiable data should be submitted here, no guesswork. I trust my friends, but I did not do the test, so I open it to other philes. Hey, I like a great deal too, but if it is not as advertised, I get pissed too. Take a look fellow philes, and lets solve the mystery....Jallen
jallen
On the 1/20/2012 post, the comment from Grant Fidelity stated "I am no plastic expert, but the film does look like teflon". Why not at this time just tell us that the dielectric is BoPet/Polyester Film. It seems that at this time there was some understanding that the Psvane cap had some teflon property to the internal film.... Perhaps the caps are best identified as external copper teflon leads, internal copper polyester film. Consumer awareness in a time when many frauds permeate this industry is paramount to economic recovery in this industry. I appreciate all of your efforts in making the consumers aware of all beneficial information.
I had hoped to hear from one or more of the other manufacturers as to what adequate product information should be expected. This information, without disclosure of intellectual property, can greatly assist purchasing decisions for consumers. Jallen
To answer Jallen: if you read my answer line by line: it states clearly that "Psvane caps use teflon shield for the leads, and the highest grade Polyester (BoPET) film from Dupont as insulation film."

Not sure what you mean by 'Why not at this time just tell us that the dielectric is BoPet/Polyester Film".

Product information disclosure is up to the manufacturer and when different languages are involved, communication has extra barrier. I do not believe Psvane Audio intentionally mislead anyone and we as re-seller will provide as much information as we can and respond to inquiries as fast as we can. I haven't seen other re-seller to put up their answers yet - I look forward to reading their stories.

to answer Magfan: If your browser turn language to French, just clear your browser cookies from Grant Fidelity website. We have no idea how this happens with Google - our own computer sometimes turn to French too and there are no cookies on our site for identifying language. We are in Alberta Canada and none of us here speaks French. Sorry about it but all we can say it's a tech glitch that I have no knowledge to fix except delete site cookies when language changes.

Happy listening.
Rachel @ Grant Fidelity
Did that last nite.

For a second, I though my computer had turned on me.

C'est la vie.
Grant Fidelity, My reference was to the 1/20/2012 post. You clarified this in the 1/31/2012 post. My point was with the 1/20/2012 post, there seemed to be some confusion as the statement was made after cutting a cap open at Grant Fidelity and the appearance was that of "the film does look like teflon to my eyes" and not clarified until your recent post. My point being, there seemed to be some perception even in Canada there was more teflon present than in the leads. Perhaps more than one person there responding to the posts. Again thanks for your efforts, Jallen