Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Betcha,
I use the Syrah with a class D Spectron Musician II. While not SS, it is high powered-rated at 600w/channel into my 6-ohm speakers. (500 into 8-ohm) I do like the sound of SS or Class D into a tubed pre, but 1) Since I own this combo, what else would I say? and 2)I have never heard an all tube set-up so what the heck would I know anyway?
I really need some local audio nuts...sigh.
Regards,
Patrick
Hi Betcha,I am using my Chardonay with a Plinius SA-250 MK IV right now and it's sounds great. I have to admit I was a bit sceptical initially because of the input/output impedance factor, but it turns out to be a great match. The Plinius has a 47k Ohms input impedance and the Chardonay has an output adjustment with it's balanced and single ended output. It took me a couple of days to find the right setting and once I did it was simply magical.
Thank you Rmml,what preamp did you have before and sound difference between two preamp.
Hi Betcha, I am Using a Audio Research 100.2 SS amp with my Syrah. The amp is 100 wpc and sounds very sweet. I feel I get the sound of a good natural sounding tube amp without the hassles. I used to have an Audible Illusions M3A preamp, which I thought was great until I got my Syrah. The Syrah has a much more natural sound to it. The AA over emphisized bass compared th the Syrah which intigrates the highs, midrange, and bass much better.
Well before the Syrah and the Plinius I used to have a Sonic Frontiers Line 2SE and a Krell FPB 200. I sold both of them when my Chardonay arrived. Comparing the two preamps was a little hard since both preamps were used on different amplifiers, given I was able to used the Chardonay with the Krell for a few days, but the Chardonay was not really broken in at the time. Anyway what I can tell you is the difference between the two combinations.

The SF and Krell were great and I've enjoyed it for almost a couple of years, but the Supratek and Plinius are a few notches higher IMO, more air and life are the words that come to mind.

I'm listening to it as I type this and I have a big smile on my face (Patricia Barber "NIghtclub"on the EMC 1).