Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hello,

I've had the Syrah for about a year now and my favorite tubes are the Sylvania 6SN7W metal base, Tung Sol 5881, and Mullard GZ33. They all make a difference, most significantly in that order. Some people say the metal base sounds the same as the non-metal base but I disagree. It was a worthwhile improvement in my case. Does anyone have recommendations for replacement tubes in the phono section?
I'm joining the crowd of people who own a Syrah. Put my order in today, just the "standard" piece, not that it's standard in anyway! Mick said that he's sold about 150 units so far, and that soon, will have to charge $3000 because of improvements he keeps making. For now, they are still only $2500.

He says that his production time has gotten down to 3 months, but I'm preparing to wait 5 or 6 months. Until then, I'll be using the pre on my VTL IT85 (basically a VTL 2.5) with my new VAC 70/70, which is also coming this week.
anybody use sspoweramp insted tube also if somebody try with high power ssamp,let me hear you guys!
Betcha,
I use the Syrah with a class D Spectron Musician II. While not SS, it is high powered-rated at 600w/channel into my 6-ohm speakers. (500 into 8-ohm) I do like the sound of SS or Class D into a tubed pre, but 1) Since I own this combo, what else would I say? and 2)I have never heard an all tube set-up so what the heck would I know anyway?
I really need some local audio nuts...sigh.
Regards,
Patrick
Hi Betcha,I am using my Chardonay with a Plinius SA-250 MK IV right now and it's sounds great. I have to admit I was a bit sceptical initially because of the input/output impedance factor, but it turns out to be a great match. The Plinius has a 47k Ohms input impedance and the Chardonay has an output adjustment with it's balanced and single ended output. It took me a couple of days to find the right setting and once I did it was simply magical.