power cord for pass 250.8

Looking for a power cord for my Pass 250.8

Right now using cord that came with it. Could I do better?

For those with this amp which cord did you find most suitable.... My system is a bit on the laid back side so a somewhat more forward sound would be nice. Looking to pay up to $3,000.00 used.

Thanks for any suggestions.

roxy1927

I just have to say that my search for the right power cord went on for nearly a year. The problem I had was that most cords (high end) would ever so slightly attenuate the treble. The Hurricane did not… even a little. So, perhaps it depends on what you are comparing it with and your equipment. I am very certain it will not be attenuating anything with a Pass amp.

G…hurricane’s not a great match with pass amps in my experience. Had it twice sold and bought again and sold for the final time. Unless you have a bright and sibilant speakers or want extremely meaty and thick sound, I would not recommend it. It might work great with ARC tube gear and SF speakers. Not doubting that. 

I am always intrigued by the small companies that could very well be turning out great products at a fraction of the cost of the big-name products.  I don't see where anyone has acknowledged piebaldpython's post about NRGCustomCables

I went to the website and seems to be a straight shooter audiophile that is trying to mfg great cables for reasonable costs.  

Is there anyone else that is familiar with his products?

@dhite71 I have a NRG Custom Cables 4 outlet distribution box and attached cable.  It is very well made and wasn't particularly expensive but I have no idea if it improved the sound quality since I didn't do any careful A/B testing.  He isn't taking new orders until September.

Another small manufacturer is Ice Age and I did buy a loom of Ice Age OFC cables and after burning them in I can confidently say they are a significant improvement to the Pangea AC-9 cables they replaced.

I've never had any of the uber expensive power cables so I can't comment on them.  

@pinwa good to know...I will check them out as well

Another seemingly good option is Shunyata's latest releases.  I spoke to them back in December and they were very excited about the Gamma and Theta lines in that they are their best cost to performance ratio products ever in their lineup.  I spoke to a couple dealers that said the same.  I know I am talking to the MFG and dealers so there's that, but still very reasonable for big name PCs at $500 & $1000 in their standard lengths.