Planar Speakers and Diffusors

I have the Clarisys Speakers. They are the Planar type. I would like to treat the wall behind the speakers. I have been told not use any type of sound absorber, so I am interested in the GIK Acoustics Q7d Diffusor

I have a large 85" TV in between the speakers, so the only area that can be treated is behind the Planers. Check out my systems page.

I have yet to find a review of these diffusors, so has anyone used these and can comment on the effectiveness?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

ketchup,

Thanks,

My room is 17 X 26 X 8. Center to center speaker is 138" they are 60" from the front wall and 30" from the sidewall, and I sit 144" from the speakers.

I have 4 JL-F-113 subs in the corners that are calibrated to the room and crossed over at 45hz.

I just visited the ATS website, and their prices are comparable to GIK. All the different types of diffusors are confusing.

ozzy

Hi @ozzy, 60 inches distance from the wall behind them is exactly what I would recommend.  More would be nice, but 60 inches will do the job very well.

I use often fake Ficus trees for diffusion.  A real diffusion panel would be superior, but unfortunately I don't know which one to recommend.

Duke

ozzy,

what do you think of the michi amplifier, I'm upgrading to the new SIM audio 861 I don't know how close the michi will be to that one but it's 22,000 US.

ozzy,

what do you think of the michi amplifier, I'm upgrading to the new SIM audio 861 I don't know how close the michi will be to that one but it's 22,000 US.

audiokinesis,

I have considered the fake plants. However, I still have alot of cabling behind the speakers, so the real estate is limited.

ozzy