Planar Speakers and Diffusors

I have the Clarisys Speakers. They are the Planar type. I would like to treat the wall behind the speakers. I have been told not use any type of sound absorber, so I am interested in the GIK Acoustics Q7d Diffusor

I have a large 85" TV in between the speakers, so the only area that can be treated is behind the Planers. Check out my systems page.

I have yet to find a review of these diffusors, so has anyone used these and can comment on the effectiveness?

ozzy

128x128ozzy
audiokinesis,

Thank you for your response. To answer the questions posed:

The speakers are 60" from the front wall, 30" from sidewall, no toe in. I have never heard these speakers prior to purchasing them. They have a very wide soundstage. Unless the music comes directly from the left or right channel you cannot hear the speakers individually.

SunCoast has advised using large plants behind them for diffusion (on the cheap side).  I am always looking for ideas to improve, thus my question.

ozzy

@ozzy brush this by the guys at GIK if you haven’t yet.
This is tricky and no two listening rooms are the same. Send pics and dimensions to GIK. Their recommendations for me were spot on. 

I have tried to connect with GIK, and they say I must make an appointment to actually talk to them, in about a month from now! 

ozzy

No 💩! Wow

Still worth it though in my opinion. I wouldn’t rush.
How about asking speaker manufacturer for their thoughts?

Also…If the problem doesn’t really exist I would advise against trying to solve it. 

You got a fantastic question from Duke - what does the speaker manufacturer recommend ? i would email them photos and a dimension sketch.

Personlly, i like wood Quadratic Residue diffusers and a you might consider a combination diffuser / absorber on slides to cover the TV. Core Audio Designs make a lovely version. A blanket… is a start but is NOT remotely broad band or linear….