Paradigm Studio 100 v.3 vs, v.4

I can get an almost new Paradigm Studio 100 v.3 for $1200 or almost new Paradigm Studio 100 v.4 for $1700 both plus shipping at about $250. I'm sort of new to better equipment and before most of my sound equipment came from the big box store for a lot less money.

I had the chance to hear a pair of Studio 60’s and was so impressed I was going to buy them for $1295. A little work found my way to this web site and some great deals. I have never heard the Studios 100’s..

Are the 100’s as good I think they are and if you were buying would you go for v.3 or spend the extra go v.4

Could really use some advice from the knowledge base…

Thanks
gregg1949
I have the 60s ver 3. I listened to the ver 4s and didn't hear a big difference. I assume that the 100s are the same way. I am not sure how much power your amp has. The 100s (and even the 60s to an extent) are power hogs and won't work with most recievers without a seperate amp. My 60s worked just fine with a pioneer elite 100x7 watt reciever but heard vast benefits when I upgraded to a seperate rotel 200x2 watt amp. For HT I think the 60s with even a basic sub would sound better than 100s. For 2 channel music I would like the 100s V3 with a $500 amp over the 60s + sub. I personally don't think its worth it to spend extra money on the V.4s but V.5 is a different story...
I liked the series 3 over the series 4(owned the 100v.2 v.3 and heard demo of v.4) And I think Paradigm makes some great stuff, despite some bad reviews on this site. The fact is Paradigm speakers can be a litle harsh with the wrong equipment. Regardless of what you may have heard, the 100 v.3's are very revealing, they will really let the garbage recordings come through. More then lots of more expensive speakers Ive owned. Personally, Id find some warm equipment to tame the tweeter, and you will be in hi end heaven. I would go for the 100 v.3's with a sub. I know most say its overkill, but I just find it sounds better even crossed over(and can be crossed over lower!) and also by the time you buy nice stands, how much have you really saved? If you have the room, go with 4qty studio 100's and you wont believe your home theater and muti channel audio sound.
I agree with most the comments here, especially those concerning the differences between the 40's, 60's and 100's. When I was originally putting together a two-channel/home theater system I auditioned the 60's and really wanted to go that direction. I ended up with the 40's - they had 95% of the 60's performance at about 67% of their price. I never regretted my decision. I used them with a Servo-15a sub and the combo was dynamic for both music and movies. I sold the 40's a couple of years ago when we moved and could not fit them in our new family room cabinets. I now use 20 v.3's in the home theater and a pair of 100 v.4's in a dedicated two-channel system. I've never noticed a big difference between the v.2's, v.3's or v.4's. They are all great speakers. The 100's work great without a sub for two-channel. For a home theater/two-channel combo you will not go wrong with any from the 100's all the way "down" to the 20's.