new Magico speakers the Q5

seen on their Website
clavil
Roypan, you are correct - I do completely miss the value proposition of the Magico. I listened, I didn't like. End of story for me. If that's how 300lbs+ of machined aluminium sounds, then I'm happy to miss the value proposition. And I think you are underestimating Magico in terms of their market strategy and their business savvy. Like their speakers or not, one cannot argue that Magico have made some very smart business decisions in terms of where they want their products to be positioned.

The only fact that matters to me is that I didn't like the sound of the V3's or the Minis. I hope that this fact doesn't confuse you or anyone else that might happen accross this thread!

I wanted only to express my subjective opinion in terms of these speakers. I hadn't realised such offence would be taken, so apologies for that. I hope you continue to enjoy them.
I like MAgico minis but I also like PSB, OHM, Dynaudio, Triangle and others that cost much less. I know I could live with these others, not sure about Magico, I would have to listen some more.

After all, overbuilding is fine but there is only so much more new teechnology can squeeze out of box X, drivers and crossover no matter how well built. MAgico isn't the only one and they are not for everyone either despite the cost.

To me at least mbl is takes a radical and unique direction that helps differentiate their gear from the pack for better or for worse.

But yes, there is a place for Magico and I give them credit for apparently being as successful as they are. CIty dwellers in tight quarters with money to spend will find them attractive.
Hens, very well spoken!!

I too sometimes feel some people feel almost offended if for instance the speaker they own isn't to the taste of someone else. I've seen Roypan uses/used the V3 and is a very happy and proud Magico owner, but in my opinion sometimes give me the impression to be insulted if something is said about Magico which he doesn't like.

Luckily everyone has there own taste. Otherwise everyone would have the same speaker, same car, house etc.

I like the looks of Magico a lot, but have my own opinion about the sound. Nevertheless I am open to opinions from others and not stating "this is good, this is bad". I'm just giving my own personal view.

If someone has a system with Magico speakers and loves the sound, well great, I'm happy for him.

I've recently heard the Magico M5 and have to say it wasn't as good as I hoped for. The sound was ok, but I would never pay that amount of money for them. Was it the room, the electronics????? Maybe, maybe even a combination of all but it could also be that the sound just isn't my thing. Probably need to listen to them again as first impression might be wrong, but from the limited experience I've had with the Magico M5 so far, they wouldn't be on my wish list.

Just my opinion.
Hens,

I was under the impression that you are talking about real "value". Not the one between your ears. You can like whatever you wish. I would not waste my/your time debating your preferences. This thread, was about the new Q5 and its "real" value proposition.
I do have to say, the Q5 does looks great. Very curious to listen to them when I have the opportunity.

Why do all those nice new speakers get introduced all the time. This way I can never settle and listen without have the "audio virus" make me search for something else :) :)