New FARAD Level 2 Silver Mod for Chord DAVE!

Epic new upgrade for the Chord DAVE junkies! Funnest HiFi project of my life. FARAD technicians talk with you through the whole build and shipping process, highly recommend FARAD. The sound is immediately more detailed and transparent. I won't embellish or exaggerate that it was a revelation, but initially I'd say a 15% improvement. We'll let it burn in a few weeks. Hooked the 3 power supplies to 3 Audiowise RF-STOPS. All 3 FARAD have the furutech and SR purple fuse upgrades. I chose the FARAD silver level 2 upgrade over the Sean Jacobs DC4 Arc 6 because it's 6k cheaper and 2 months quicker in shipping to you. Very happy. Happy HiFi Holidays to you all!

128x128brandonhifi

brandonhifi,

"I chose the FARAD silver level 2 upgrade over the Sean Jacobs DC4 Arc 6 because it’s 6k cheaper." This hobby is so funny. Sean Jacobs makes two power supplies for the Dave, one at $7K and the other is $10K. Depending on the power cord the end-user has, the cost differential isn’t $3K or $6k, because the Sean Jacobs doesn’t require three power cords. You are correct, if the end-user doesn’t use upgraded power cords.

I have this set up as well. As jaded as I am its difficult not to be impressed with the Farad upgrade. The Dave is still a top tier DAC imo and in the used market-makes a lot of sense. I am keeping my eye out for an m scaler.

Post removed 

@nkj Once you get an Mscaler put it on galvanic isolation with the OPTO-DX from Audiowise, then next level is putting the transmitter and receiver and Mscaler on separate lifepo4 batteries! Ultimate setup with DAVE!