Neighbor Complaining...

I moved recently to a new apartment, and my neighbor is already complaining of the noise... :) Right now I have my speakers (Quad 12L2) placed closed to the shared wall, now, would it make a difference if I place the speakers against the other wall (which is not shared), and facing the shared wall?

Plus, any other tips on how to deal with this would be appreciated as well.
toufu
Toufu we never asked you the square footage not knowing it was a converted loft. I would say it's not concrete but sheet rock over old construction "wood and plaster". I gather the building is sprinkled and up to code, because lofts usually are not fireproof or have fireproof staircases. I only say it for you to make sure you have apt insurance and try your best to have all receipts.
Schipo, that is quite a message you left for Toufu. I guess you are trying to be helpful but geez louise.
So I came home and moved my speakers to the other wall and played one of my techno record and ask the neighbor if they could hear it, and guess what? Nada! Life is good again, I am back, baby!
Bostonbean I happen to know something about old loft construction and fires.I worked in this area in NYC for over 21 years, and lofts can be fire traps. That's why I gave this advice.And Bostonbean you sound like your full of gas GEEEEEZZZZZ.
More to discover