Need your thoughts - LTA 40+ vs Pathos Inpol Integrated amp on 98db speakers.

Going to buy a different amp, I am interested in a LTA 40+ or and a Pathos Inpol integrated amp to drive my 98db speakers.  I cant audition either one with out buying them and returning one of them.  That really would be a pain in the butt, but also probably the smartest thing to do.  Its hard to find much info on these two products vs each other or against  standard tube integrateds.  Your thoughts would be appereciated.

Mike

128x128brm1

@jerryg123 Awesome amp!  I’ve always held QLN speakers in high regard and not so familiar with Sonner but heard some good things.  How would you compare/contrast the two in terms of sonic traits and relative strengths/weakness.  Operative word is “relative” as I doubt either has outright weakness.  Thanks for thoughts. 

Wow @soix that is tuff one as the Legatos seem to be every bit as good as the Sonora's. Where the QLN edges out is in bass and bass extension as it is floor stander.

The mid bass in the Legato Unum and wins in detail with it's point-to-point wired fourth-order Linkwitz-Riley crossover.

It really is a toss up. I just love stand mounts. 

Well since I cant afford to buy both amps and audition them, sounds like the LTA,

is the safe and best bet!  Jerry I agree with your assessment of typical

hybrids, they don't do it for me either.  Just tired of fussing with tubes after 25 years, but don't want to loose all of the tube sound.  It sounds like the Inpol might work, but might not for a long term deal and then it would be hard to sell. I only have 1 more day to decide, cuz LTA sale ends tomorrow.

Thx For your help guys, I appreciate it.

Mike  

Which model LTA do you plan on buying?  What speakers do you have?   Please give updates on your experience, as I have speakers of similar sensitivity (Altec Lansing  Model 19's) and I've been eyeing LTA offerings as a possible future amp or integrated.