Need your thoughts - LTA 40+ vs Pathos Inpol Integrated amp on 98db speakers.

Going to buy a different amp, I am interested in a LTA 40+ or and a Pathos Inpol integrated amp to drive my 98db speakers.  I cant audition either one with out buying them and returning one of them.  That really would be a pain in the butt, but also probably the smartest thing to do.  Its hard to find much info on these two products vs each other or against  standard tube integrateds.  Your thoughts would be appereciated.

Mike

128x128brm1

@brm1 I gave it to one of my sons when he graduated from college and he went off to Grad School. Still in the family and listened to everyday. We made some great memories listening to jazz when he was home for the summers and I thought it was a great idea. Oh I also bought him a car.

He has a 100 year old house in South Bend and the system looks great in his living room with my my DeVore 0/96 speakers.

@brm1 I replaced it with a Qualiton X200 from AH and QLN Sonora's at the time. Now the QLN's are in my game room and Sonner Legato Unum's are in my listening room with the X200.  

Jerry,

So you you've owned tubes and Inpol,can you compare the sound of the two types of amps.  I started with SS and moved to tubes 25 years ago.  I love the sound of tubes, but getting tired of fussing with them.  I know I dont want SS, or the typical hybrid amp, so thats  why I am looking at the Pathos Inpol.  I have always been curious about LTA amps, but I just dont have any experience with either.

Mike

LTA is very nice gear also. 

You really need to listen to both of them. I prefer Tubes over a hybrid and the the Inpol is a pure class A sound with some tube warmth or coloration. Most other hybrids are A/B and sound nice bit miss with me. 

Honestly I was looking at the Z40 + and managed a in home demo of X200 and the rest is history. Not saying it is the end all be all it just flat out works in my room and with Legato Unum's it is magic. 

I have a friend with the Z40 + paired with the F&R Raven speakers and it is heavenly also.  We enjoy spinning Jazz records and drinking tea. 

I probably just confused you even more.....

@jerryg123 Awesome amp!  I’ve always held QLN speakers in high regard and not so familiar with Sonner but heard some good things.  How would you compare/contrast the two in terms of sonic traits and relative strengths/weakness.  Operative word is “relative” as I doubt either has outright weakness.  Thanks for thoughts.