My new VTV Audio Class D amp arrived today

I ordered the amp from Warren with the Purifi module and the Sparkos ss3602 op amp, the latter chosen for its somewhat more relaxed sonic presentation compared to the other op amps that VTV offers.  Right out of the box, it strikes me as quite musical, without any noticeable harshness, although few inner details of the music are so far revealed.  It is dead quiet, as expected.  So with my initial favorable impressions, I will report back after it has 100 hours of run-in to comment on its SQ.  
whitestix
Thank you for initiating this thread. I am interested in the VTV class-D amplifiers (Probably the Purifi Eval-1) and wanted to see whether you had any further comparisons with your McCormack DNA-.5? I owned a DNA-1 in the past, and thought that it was a "muscular" and neutral sounding amplifier. Is the sound of your VTV amplifier comparable in soundstage to the McCormack? I currently have an Audio Research D130 with a Schiit Freya+ which I run in tube mode for critical listening. I'm hoping to gain a little more "omph" for my Magnepan LRS and Proac 2.5s. 
I sold the McCormack a while ago and it did have a more muscular sound, I'd say, whereas the VTV is just amazingly neutral with a huge soundstage and not a bit of harshness.  I don't sense that the VTV is more powerful than the McCormack and perhaps a bit less impactful.   The McCormack has "bigger balls" than the VTV amp, but am not sure it is overall as well balanced.   Both are stellar amps, but the stock .05 is getting long in the tooth with aging caps.  
About a month ago I got a VTV Purifi 2 channel with tube buffer.....super solid amp and definitely massive value for the price.  I found leaving it on all the time worked better than the trigger, as the trigger would always take about 5 seconds until volume came out.  You can leave it on all the time though, barely gets Luke warm after 8 hours straight of use, nothing in standby.  Overall way cleaner sound with low noise base compared to Emotiva or other brands around the same price.  I was powering JTR Triple 8s (98db sensitivity) as well as Focal 91db speakers.  Probably not the best amp for speakers with sensitivity in the mid 80s though.  I'd recommend, Warren at VTV is super helpful and they offer 30 day in home trial.

I swapped out my tube amp for the VTV amp yesterday for the heck of it and again I marvel at how musical the VTV amp is, no question, just clean clear power.  I listened to it for hours and hours yesterday and loved it more as the listening went on.  My previous experiences with class D amps was awful, but with the fab reviews of this amp, I took a chance and am reaping the benefits.  It would sure be interesting to compare the VTV amp to the Merrill offerings, which cost 10X as much. The GaN-based class D amps are sure getting a lot of great reviews, too.

I agree that Warren is a great guy to deal with.    

Another example of what I stated broadly in my review of the Legacy Audio i.V4 Ultra (class D) Amp review; the other classes are dead, defeated. The discrepancies in sound quality have been addressed through improvement of class D and now it is the ascendant class of amplification. 

I have no direct experinece with the VTV Purifi amp, nor association with it. It's simply obvious to me how the class D is emerging as newly dominant. In a few years you won't be able to give away your tube and other SS amps. Deniers will pay big time as they see their beloved amp's value fall to near zero. 

Amp makers that do not pivot quickly will become defunct. It won't be pretty. I have other inside info that confirms what I have been saying. We're seing an amp revolution (not evolution, that's a stupid concept when applied to products which are developed) happening right now.  :)