Marten Coltrane Alto speakers

Has anyone had an opportunity to ever hear these speakers? I love their look and 6Moons had a wonderful review of them with the exception that it was mentioned that it takes up to a year to break them in.
bostonbean
Teddy bear you give false information

There are NOT any drivers or speakers that need 1 year or 6 months breaking in

It is not possible on a theorical point of view.

Of course you can invent that it is the case for Marten design's speakers and invent a room where the speakers are breakin during months before they are put for sale.

But it is not true.

You don't fool anybody

I am sure that you believe in ion stuff and magical stones that pretend to improve sound

"Believers" are the today's plague of audio industry
Samuel33

They break in their speaker in house for 3 days and ship them to distributors/dealers.

I never said they need 6/12 months of break-in.

Samuel33 you should know the facts before you put your hands and keyboard in motion.
Teddy bear the subject is about a speaker that is claimed to need 365 days of breaking in.

You post that Marten Coltrane have build a special room to ensure THIS problem

So yes i thought you were implying that he was putting the speakers for weeks or months in that prupose

it was logical on my point of view to think so

And now you say that the speakers are in a room during 3 days

We are quite far from 365 days hein?

-----

By the way what is the name of this reviewer ?
We should definitely memorized his name
Someone once told me that their Avalon Sentinels were still improving even after a year. Is it true? Who could really say. It might be. When did theory or logic become relevant to audio?

I do believe it can take 3-6 months for speakers to sound their best. Maybe less for some, maybe more for others. I'm not exactly sure why. I don't believe in the psycho-acoustic reasoning that you just get used to the sound. With time, the ear tends to pick-up more on the negative aspects, not ignore them.

Now where are these magic stones? I need to get my hands on some of them.

Rob
Rob said :

Someone once told me that their Avalon Sentinels were still improving even after a year. Is it true? Who could really say. It might be.

It might as it might be that the Big BUBU live at the bottom of the seas

In fact the thing is not to proove the inexistence of something, on a methodological point of view it is not possible to proove that something doesn't exist

Does invisble green earthworms exist on the moon ?

Who knows !