Low Watt Solid State Amp

I am a tube guy.  Have been for the last 20 years.  I have various tube amps that I rotate depending on my mood.  More recently, I have had the urge to add a solid state amp to the rotation.  Looking for something clean, detailed, natural sounding that is in the neighborhood of 20 to 50 watts.  I use a deHavilland Ultraverve 3 preamp with relatively high efficiency Tonian Lab speakers.  Firstwatt comes to mind but is higher than I want to spend right now.  Budget is about $1,000.  Looking for a diamond in the rough kinda piece.  For example, one of the tube amps that puts a smile on my face every time I plug it in is my Dynaco ST-35 -- not a huge investment, but just always sounds right.  Any ideas are much appreciated.  Thanks
gotog
Hi gotog, 
Given your listening levels and the efficiency of the speakers you'll likely remain in the class A range 90 to 95 % of the time.
Charles 

I would second looking at class D amps, you can get a taste of them for very little money.

I have several based on the Texas Instruments TPA series chips.  I find they sound better than my low cost, low wattage tube amps.  I would suggest looking at amps with the TPA3250/TPA3255 or TPA3116/TPA3118 chips.  There are many boards you can buy to build your own.  There are also cheap and inexpensive pre-built versions.

For pre-built, take a look at the FX502SPRO, Allo Volt +D, or even the Nobsound dual TPA3116 for really cheap.

At that low of cost, it is worth give it a listen.  Enjoy!  
Arte Forma Audio Ruby integrated - see Stereotimes review by Clement Perry he gave it Component of the Year in 2017 - new is $1350. I have one and it’s just fantastic. 
Okay, here's one you've probably never heard of... Sparkler Audio out of Japan. Mr. Kazutoshi Tsukahara hand makes these units at a very reasonable price. I use his Flügel amp and find it to be most excellent. Can be seen at http://sparkler-audio.com/portfolio/products_en.html ... cheers