Looking for 50-100 watts of Tube Power (give or take) for my JBL 4349s

I’ve been looking at new and used 50-100 wpc power amps in the $5000 range to drive my JBL 4349s. I don’t have any experience in this price or power bracket when it comes to tubes, and could use some reccomendations.

Here are the amps I’ve been researching (the usual suspects I assume):

Rogue Stereo 100

Cary CAD-120s Mk2

Audio Research Reference 150SE

Audio Research VT80SE

Carver Crimson 275

Various vintage Corad Johnson amps

I’d love to hear why people would choose one of the amps from this list, or what else I should consider that isn’t on the list. I don’t have a preamp yet but will probably try a Benchmark la4 first.

For context, my main amp right now is a Torii Jr, but I also use the 4349s with a Muzishare X7 and a Denon PMA-1700NE. I love the Torii Jr and will continue to use it, but would occasionally like more power. The Muzishare is fine, but I want something of better quality.

My musical tastes are all over the place: rock, pop, jazz, world, electronic, classical. I listen to a lot of symphonic/orchestral music and would like more power to handle the dynamics, but prefer the soundstaging of tubes.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

rischa

Check out these Quicksilver mono amps!!

The new KT Mono amp retains the high damping factor and low distortion of the Horn Mono but with enough power to handle inefficient and difficult to drive speakers. The amplifier accepts KT66, KT77, KT88, KT90, KT99, KT120, KT150, and KT170 power tubes and when ordered with KT150s will produce 100 watts. It also has low distortion all the way up to full power but at reduced power gives the efficiency, finesse and delicacy of a low powered amplifier.

Price $3995/pair Price with KT150s $4675/pair
Price for 230 volt/50hz add $100/pair

Specifications
Download Instruction Manual

Power Output 80 watts into 4 or 8 ohms
Power Bandwidth 14 Hz to 70 KHz
Damping Factor 20
Input Sensitivity 1.2 volts
Input Impedance 100 Kohm
I.M. Distortion: less than 0.5% at 80 watts
Tube Complement two KT88, 1-12AX7, 1-12BH7
Power Consumption 100 watts at idle 240 watts at full power
Chassis Black chassis

Chrome transformer covers

Dimensions 6″H, 14.5″L, 9.25″W
Weight 40 lbs. each
U.S. Warranty 3 years parts and labor & 90 days for tubes
Post removed 

@rischa   Have you considered SS amp with a tube pre?  

For anyone to comment to the OP, would that give a similar tube sound, but with better speaker control / dynamics?  Or does the sound change when comparing tube amp with SS pre verses SS amp with tube pre?   

I've been extremely pleased with the sound of the VTA mods on my Dyna 70s.  They offer a few other models including monoblocks rated at 125 wpc.  From $2100 in kit form (+ S/H and tubes)  or $3k assembled (+ S/H and tubes).

https://www.tubes4hifi.com/home.html

@yogiboy, those look great! I will take a closer look.

@12many, I’m open to the idea, but I use to run a Decware CSP2+ in front of an Odyssey Khartago, and I don’t remember this combo having the soundstaging of a good tube amp. It was only one experience though, so I’m sure there are better examples to be heard.