Looking for $20k system for Mahler No 6

Hi guys

I'm looking for $20k system that will do justice for Mahler Symphony No 6, Tchaikovsky 1812 overture, and Rimsky's Easter Overture.
I have already good systems for chamber music, solos, vocals, etc.

Any opinions will be appreciated.
The listening room is about 400 sq ft.

DH
dh4kim
Jdaniell3, I made my comment related to the second part of your contribution, in which you suggested to pay more for them to play naked. I think that was a highly inappropriate and unethical suggestion. I would like to call your attention to recent scandals, when some wanted to see other people naked without paying for it, like US military persons in Abu Graihb prison, or for payment, like the governor of New York State. I think you really should care more about yourself and think over why you come to the point to suggest such a unethical thing to an unknown person. My friendly advice, that you consult your wife and seek professional aid to find out why you made this shameful suggestion.
DH, you mention you have tried a number of different architectures when it comes to audio. Have you ever tried horn loaded speakers?

Horn loaded speaker have sonic signature that may be what will float your boat when it comes to Mahler and Tchaikovsky. I have just taken possession of a pair of 6’ double mouthed back loaded horns that sound phenomenal – I have not listened to 1812, but Swan Lake sounds out of this world.

Just a thought.

Good luck
Paul
My my Ajahu, your *are* scandalized. The "naked" comment was metaphor for fetish, as I believe that--beyond a certain point-- spending so much on stereo equipment becomes fetish, nothing more.

Perhaps if English is your second language, it didn't come across as I intended--as a statement too absurd to be taken seriously. I will, however, consult my boyfriend as you request.

John
Paul,

Yes I tried horn loaded ones, not many of them but some, mostly back-loaded single-driver structure. The drivers were Lowther, Diatone, etc.
I heard also about nice dynamics from horn-loaded speakers when implemented correctly, but I don't know why I didn't get good result. Maybe they were too small? Biggest back-loaded horn I used was about 40" high, 12" wide, 20" deep.

I sure will look into horn approach.

Thank you again.

DH
Eggleston Works.

Look for used Andras II in the $9k-12k range($20k new). Shipping will be a bear because they weigh 210lbs apiece. You'll need lots of ultra high quality power to drive them effortlessly. You also want to check out their new $13k "The Nines".