Lead shots for speaker stand.

Where can I buy this? No one seems to know what it is in any hardware stores
tjoeb99
It depends on what the application is and your personal taste. I prefer silica sand (only) to shot/sand or shot in a pair of Target HR70 speaker stands on a plaster floor. All shot was "bad", sand and shot "better" and all sand the most natural sounding to my taste and setup. Pain in the Wazoo, but this is what it took to find out.
I would suggest that you use pennies instead. when you are done, you won't have to throw away the lead, and all the hassles that goes with that. Pennies will still be worth something! If you want, you can look up the Periodic table for the density of copper vs the lead!
Lotuss4. Copper is not a bad material, but in the size and shape of pennies, they won't do much in the way of packing together, not to mention the difficulty in getting them into the confined spaces allowed for filling (on most stands). I admit it is an ecologically sound idea though, copper is certainly safe to handle.
My Atlantis Reference Rack has provisions for filling with sand/shot. But the weight of my stuff on that rack already exceeds 250lbs, so I thought the benefits would be very minimal if any at all! Would I receive any benefits by the extra 20 - 50 or so pounds that silca or shot would add? One concern is the "pendulumn effect" of a very heavy (65lbs) SCD-1 player on th top shelf (necessary, because it's top loading). Does this pendulumn effect have any negative effects, or should I be more concerned with resonance from the components itself (seems most logical)?

It seems that effective resonance control is a yet undiscovered mix of science, trial and error, black magic, and voodoo!